Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oh lordy.  It's been ages.  
I'm ready to be back.
Ready to write.
But I'm giving myself some slack.  Taking it easy.  I know I won't bounce back in immediately.  There is much afoot.  Work, school, running the house, petting the cat, school.  School.  

I came across some of my old journals the other day - the NightOwl ones, the best for ideas and sketches and lectures and thoughts.  I think I just ordered my 7th or 8th one.  I love collecting quotes in my journals; here are some I collected in 2010 and one I just added (probably for the 2nd or 3rd time as it's a favorite.

"What is that Heart of Gold, anyway?
The love of your life?
Pure intent?
Courage.
Merit.
An awareness of life span and the ability
to make the most
of all possibilities."

"If I find in myself
desires which nothing 
in this world can 
satisfy, the only logical
explanation is that I 
was made for a 
different world."
-C.S. Lewis

"If you are not leaning into the crowd, then you must be destined to do other things." - Caru

"Allow your plants to co-mingle." - native plant lecture

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community.  It is wrong when it tends otherwise." - Aldo Leopold

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to writing!!!

    And also, I have to thank you for the huge gift you just gave to me. I started reading the first quote and stopped breathing and felt myself lifting with the weight of the words and then I realized, once I go to the bottom, that I WROTE IT. Good Lord! I didn't recognize my own words but they were just what I needed to read today. :)

    Also, that Clive Staples quote is one of my very favorites too.

    Be well, chickadee.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad! Serendipity :) Thanks for taking the time to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second quote:) Have a wonderfully cozy day, Emmy:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete