Baltimore Love, Day 1

I have had a love/hate relationship with Baltimore for nearly as long as I have lived here.  It's complecated and it's a discussion for another day.  But through a series of recent life events ranging in scale from nearly not important to hardly seems important I'm starting to break down the wall that I've built up around myself that keeps me from enjoying most of my everyday life. 

Today I got really excited to be living in Charm City.  There are so many awesome things happening and cropping up currently and over the next few months that I just have to share some of my excitement out here over the interwebs.

1. A dinner/knitting/Dr Who watching/catching up date tonight with a dear friend, which is spurring me to finish my classwork quickly and efficiently.  Even better is that she lives 4 blocks away.

2. The Charm City Bluegrass Festival at Union Craft Brewing in Woodberry on April 27.  I love bluegrass - it makes me feel like putting on cowboy boots and hanging out on some remote mountain in the woods with my very best friends. 

3. Union Craft Brewing, a newish brewery in the above-mentioned Woodberry neighborhood.  Seeing as my husband and I spend the majority of our honeymoon visiting 13 of Asheville's breweries, we are super-excited to have more in our own town.  We plan to take one of their Saturday tours in a few weeks when my parents come to town. 

4. Envision Baltimore, a newsletter/blog that keeps me up-to-date with all the urban development related things that are happening in the city and the region.  Who wants to read about border vacuums?!?  It has to do with our urban fabric, not carpet fabric.

5.  Last but not least, a new craft/fiber arts store and gallery opening this weekend in Highlandtown, just a quick jaunt down the park from my neighborhood - Baltimore Threadquarters.  I can't seem to get a link to it, but do a search or look it up on the Baltimore Guide.

So weeeeeehaaaaaw!  Lots of good things going on!  I'm going to try to add some each day and see how much of Baltimore I'm enjoying!

Labels: , ,