The Worm People

Oh good lord it has been FOREVER.  Or a month.  So much has happened and I am at the moment falling asleep with a bag of frozen peas on my knee.  Whatever.  I'm weird.  Get over it.

I'll just give ONE exciting update in my life.

I'm composting with worms.
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it yet.
I don't like when they escape.
(Although a free worm means a dead worm.)

One of my friends organized a group of us to learn to worm compost together.  So Sunday night we went over to her house and made worm bins (worm bin = plastic container with VERY tight lid and lots of tiny holes).

The results so far....

 
Step 1. Drill air and drainage holes.

 
Step 2.5. Place bedding in bins.

 
Step 3. Distribute worms and add food.

 
Step 4. Place in new home and pray they stay put!
Since mine seemed to be escape artists,
I am calling them "The McQueens."
The tape on the sides and book on top seem to be working.

More updates on the worms and the garden later!

Labels: , , ,