Coco Before Chanel

I went to see Coco Before Chanel last night with the bestest at the Oaks theatre.  I didn't realize before quite how badass Chanel was, and the incredible struggle it took for women to make it anywhere besides in a kitchen or a man's bed back then.  Her style is extraordinary today, and shocking when it appeared the turn of the 20th century.  The movie made me want to put on pearls and go ride a horse!  (Ok, so two things I had already done that day, whatever.)


(found here)



(here again)


(via here)

The last picture may be my favorite outfit, simply because she wears it multiple times throughout the film and it always looks fresh, proving that you don't need more than a few things to look divine!  Of course, I wouldn't mind owning that black dress, nor the man sitting next to her (swoon).

Labels: